Quick and easy Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet, a healthy dinner you can make in minutes!
Happy New Year!!
2017 is going to be a fabulous year… I can just feel it.
As promised, while I was throwing holiday cookie recipes at you left and right, this January I have lots of light low carb dinners to share with you.
Now is the time for us to clean up our act and our eating habits.
I have a few unwanted holiday pounds to shed over the next couple months and was hoping you would take the journey with me.
Will you? Pretty please?
I know we can do this! And we can even enjoy our meals while we do it.
The worst thing in the whole wide world is to make a commitment to eat healthy, then find yourself chewing on celery sticks for days on end, because we don’t know what else to make and eat.
Let’s be honest… The celery stick chewing lasts for about 15 minutes before we starting rummaging through the pantry for a that last box of crackers we forgot to throw out.
For the next few weeks we’ll be sharing tons of delicious gluten free, low fat, low carb and even paleo recipes that your family will love.
Even our Super Bowl snacks will be lightened-up this year. Go team!
Today we’re starting with a bold colorful dinner idea I call my Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet. It’s a low fat, low carb, veggie-heavy dish that takes only minutes to make.
I seared small chicken pieces in a large skillet along with fennel, bell pepper, zucchini, kale, tomatoes, and corn. Then seasoned it with garlic, herbs, and golden balsamic vinegar.
The zesty garlic and herbs, and bit of tang from the vinegar, helps showcase the fresh produce and enhance its appeal.
You can easily remove the corn from this Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet recipe to make it a paleo recipe. You can also substitute any vegetable you like!
Just make sure to lightly cook all the veggies, so they are crisp and sweet, not overcooked and mushy.
Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet is a great way to kick off a year of good choices in 2017!
Check out all our low carb and paleo recipes.
Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Delicious and Healthy Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet! A fabulous quick chicken dinner recipe so keep you on the straight and narrow!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 pint fresh grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large deep nonstick or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. *The oil is only necessary if your skillet is not nonstick.
- Sear the fennel and bell pepper until char market form on the sides and the fennel softens. Remove and set aside.
- Next sear the zucchini until just browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside. Toss the chicken pieces with dried Italian Seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and sear the chicken, stirring to brown for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic, chopped kale and tomatoes. Sear another 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add all the cooked veggies back to the skillet, followed by corn kernels, golden balsamic vinegar, honey, and 1/4 – 1/2 cups water. Toss and warm. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 363 Calories
- Total Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Sodium: 324mg
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Protein: 36.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!