Need a few more Bundt Cakes in your life?
Check out our brand-spanking-new ebook, Brilliant Bundt Cakes, packed full of the best bundt cakes you’ll ever taste!
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Yield: 12 slices
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan.) Sift together the 2 1/4 cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
NOTE: I’ve had a few questions on the texture of the batter. The consistency of the yogurt and the juiciness of the berries, greatly determined the consistency of the batter. Thick (dryer) yogurt will produce a thicker batter, in which the berries won’t sink to the bottom (top) of the cake as seen in the photos. Either way, it is a great cake–don’t worry about the thickness of the batter.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Is this your first time visiting A Spicy Perspective?
Stay a while, poke around, and find more great recipes such as:
PAGE: 1 2