Cookies are never a bad thing. Yet today’s Chocolate Dipped Lace Cookies are a true holiday favorite and will make your friends and family supremely happy this holiday season. That’s a promise!
I get really excited about Christmas cookies.
Especially when I can tell they are homemade!
Bakery cookies are nice to look at, but they never compare with the freshly baked holiday cookies we hold near and dear to our hearts.
One of my personal favorite cookie varieties is lace cookies.
Paper thin and crispy, with a nutty caramel essence. Lace cookies are just as much a candy as they are a cookie.
This year I thought it would be fun to dip my lace cookies in chocolate. I tried several methods from dipping half the cookie in chocolate, to dipping just the edges of the cookies in chocolate. But I discovered that the thick layer of hardened chocolate took away from the delicate texture that makes lace cookies so special.
So the final “dipping” method was to flip the cookies over, spread a thin layer of chocolate over the surface of the bottom, then flip them back over to dry.
The thin layer of chocolate amplifies the nutty caramel quality of the lace cookies, making these the very best batch of lace cookies I’ve ever made!
Seriously. The thin crunchy texture is ridiculously addictive.
If you want to avoid eating the entire batch, you’l need to wrap them up and give them away quickly.
Chocolate Dipped Lace Cookies are my offering for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, an annual campaign that raises money for Cookie for Kids’ Cancer while encouraging bloggers to share holiday cookies online and in the mail. #fbcookieswap
This year I received some wonderful cookies in the mail from…
Alyssa of What’s Cooking Love
Lauren of Sunshine Sweet Tea
Stace of Treats 4 Ta-Tas
Make sure to check out their recipes!
And be sure to add Chocolate Dipped Lace Cookies to your holiday cookie line-up.
You won’t be sorry!
Chocolate Dipped Lace Cookies
Yield: 45-50 lace cookies
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Amazing Lace Cookies lightly dipped in chocolate! These Chocolate Dipped Lace Cookies are a holiday favorite that is easy to make and always a top pick.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10-11 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Pre-measure all the ingredients. Then place the butter and sugars in a large sauce pot over medium heat.
- As the butter melts, stir the mixture. Once the sugars look mostly dissolved, stir in the oats, almonds, flour, salt, egg, and vanilla. Stir well to combine, then turn off the heat.
- Spoon the batter onto the cookies sheet with a teaspoon. Place them at least 3 inches apart or they will run together. Bake for 6-8 minutes, then cool on the baking sheets at least 5 minutes before moving. Repeat with remaining dough. Rewarm the dough if needed.
- Once the lace cookies are baked and cooled, melt the chocolate chips over a double-boiler. You can also melt them in the microwave, cooking in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Turn the cookie over and use a spatula to spread a paper-thin layer of chocolate over the bottom. Flip the cookies back to top-side-up and let the chocolate harden before moving. Store in an air-tight container is a cool place.
Yield: 45-50 lace cookies, Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 112 Calories
- Total Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Protein: 1.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!