Loaded Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Cauliflower Buffalo Recipe with Bacon – Tender roasted cauliflower drizzled in buffalo sauce and sprinkled with creamy blue cheese and bacon!
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
With the biggest football game of the year right around the corner, this week I’ve got party food on my mind.
We tend to crave bold tantalizing snacks with tons of texture and comforting appeal.
Although buffalo wings and pizza are usually our go-to game day snacks, it’s fun to mix things up, and even sneak in a few veggies here and there.
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings?
Today’s Buffalo Cauliflower Wings offers the spicy flavors of buffalo chicken wings, yet is much lighter and leaner, since the base of the recipe is cauliflower.
In fact, this recipe has only 102 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 3.2 grams of carbs per serving!
Because you can hold the stems of the baked buffalo cauliflower florets, they give you the feeling of eating buffalo wings!
The cauliflower is roasted on a baking sheet with a few strips of bacon.
As the bacon crisps in the oven, the cauliflower sizzles in the bacon grease to give it a little fatty richness.
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Ingredients
- Head of Cauliflower – Cut into florets with stems to use as handles
- Thick-Cut Bacon – Adds a great salty flavor
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – Gives the wings a great spice flavor
- Crumbled Blue Cheese – Brings the heat from the sauce down
- Chopped Scallions – Adds a nice crunch to the cauliflower and rounds out the spiciness of the dish
- Salt and Pepper – To your taste preference
How to Make These Cauliflower Wings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower head into florets, making sure to remove most of the stems.
- Place the bacon strips on the ends of a large rimmed baking sheet and spread the cauliflower florets in the center.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is red and crispy. Then move the bacon onto a paper towel lined plate so that it can drain.
- Toss the cauliflower in the bacon grease, on the pan, and spread it back out. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for another 5 minutes until the cauliflower becomes crispy around the edges and the center is tender.
- Move the cauliflower to a platter and drizzle with buffalo wing sauce.
- Crumble or cut the bacon to sprinkle over the top of the cauliflower. Top with blue cheese and chopped scallions. Serve warm.
Get the Full (Printable) Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can they last in the fridge?
These wings will last in the fridge for up to 4 days when sealed in a container properly.
Why are my cauliflower wings soggy?
The “wings” can become soggy if they have too much sauce on them, which is why I prefer to drizzle the sauce on instead of tossing them in the sauce.
How do I reheat these cauliflower wings?
Reheating these in the microwave will end up making the wings soft and soggy. However warming them up in the oven at 400 degrees F, will help to keep them crispy.
Can I use frozen cauliflower?
I personally would not use frozen cauliflower since the texture after cooking might not reflect the texture of the fresh cauliflower head.
What other toppings can I use?
You can also add cheddar cheese, green onions, or olives to this recipe. Or you can top your salad with these cauliflower buffalo wings for a great way to get your greens in.
Other Great Recipes
- Thai Mango Sticky Rice
- Hella Jalapeno Jelly Recipe
- Roll Cake with Raspberry Cake Filling
- Easy Chocolate Petit Fours
- Perfect Mojito (Pitcher Recipe)
- How to Make Simple Syrup
- Retro Crock Pot Hot Buttered Rum
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower by The Spruce Eats
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower into florets, removing most of the stems. Place the strips of bacon on the ends of a large rimmed 13×18 inch baking sheet. Spread the cauliflower florets in the middle of the baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the bacon is red and crispy. Remove the bacon with tongs and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Toss the cauliflower in the bacon grease and spread back out. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast another 5 minutes until the cauliflower is crispy around the edges, yet tender in the center.
- Move the cauliflower to a platter. Drizzle with buffalo wing sauce. Cut (or crumble) the bacon and sprinkle over the top of the cauliflower. Then sprinkle crumbled blue cheese and chopped scallions over the top. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Is Cauliflower Keto or Too High in Carbs? - Keto Pots
I love how easy this is to make!! Thanks for the recipe! It was a huge hit.
This was so good and it’s now in the regular dinner rotation.
Broiled buffalo cauliflower is a delicious and nutritious dish. The food was great.
absolutely delicious! Easy way to use cauliflower. Roasting it brings out the flavor and you don’t have that mushy texture you get from steaming it. I made it as is written but you could probably change the sauce to teriyaki or a salsa verde for different ethnic flare.