Best Air Fryer French Toast
Why We Love This Easy Breakfast Recipe
French toast is our family’s favorite breakfast. Although you can easily make it in a skillet or in the oven, using an Air Fryer French is a fabulous way to prepare whole French Toast slices or handy French Toast Sticks.
Air fried French toast has a glorious golden crispy crust on the outside, and a soft creamy texture on the inside. We even add maple syrup to our French toast dunk mixture, to make this an easy no-mess breakfast or treat!
They’re ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes, and perfect to top with sweet goodies and pair with other breakfast food classics. Or enjoy them by themselves as a tasty grab-and-go breakfast on the run!
- White bread – thick-cut slices
- Eggs – large
- Heavy cream – or half & half
- Maple syrup – the real stuff
- Vanilla extract – or maple extract for a super maple-y flavor
- Ground cinnamon – or pumpkin pie spice, for a yummy fall or winter recipe
- Salt – just a pinch
- Cooking spray – high heat
How to Air Fry French Toast Sticks
Preheat an air fryer to 350°F.
Meanwhile, set out a medium mixing bowl. Add the eggs, heavy cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl.
Whisk well to make a smooth dunk batter.
Cut the sandwich bread from top to bottom into 3 or 4 sticks per slice. You can also leave the bread as-is for classic whole pieces of French toast.
Once it’s preheated, open the air fryer and spray the basket with a nonstick cooking spray.
Dunk 6-8 bread sticks (or two whole slices) in the egg mixture. Flip them over, then lay in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Close the air fryer and set the timer to 5 minutes. When the timer goes off carefully flip the French toast sticks over, and air fry for another 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
Move the air-fried sticks to a holding plate. Repeat the steps with the remaining bread pieces.
Get the Complete (Printable) Air Fryer French Toast Sticks Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Enjoy right away while warm. If you are making a large batch, you can place cooked sticks on a baking sheet and keep them warm in a 200°F oven.
For an extra special breakfast treat, generously dust the French toast with powdered sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you cook French toast sticks in the air fryer?
Cook at 380°F for 5 minutes; flip, and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
How do you make gluten-free French toast sticks?
Use your favorite thick sliced gluten-free bread to easily make this a GF-friendly recipe.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Absolutely! As-is this recipe makes two generous servings of 6-8 French toast sticks per portion. Simply double or triple the ingredients to prepare however many servings are needed.
What do you serve with French toast sticks?
Sprinkle warm (but not hot) French toast sticks with powdered sugar.
Air fryer French toast is also delicious to top with whipped cream and/or a sweet fruit compote.
You can certainly dip the sticks in more syrup if you like, but there’s really no need… They have a touch of maple sweetness air-fried right in.
How long do leftovers last?
While it does taste best when enjoyed freshly air fried, French toast will keep well for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Let cool completely, then wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or store them together in a sealed plastic zipper bag.
You can also freeze French toast for up to 2 months! Wrap the pieces individually in plastic wrap, or place pieces of parchment paper between the slices, and transfer them to a sealed plastic zipper bag.
Looking for More Easy Breakfast Recipes?
- Best Avocado Toast with Egg
- Spinach Scramble Egg Muffins
- Breakfast Fruit Pizza
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- How to Make Pancakes from Scratch
Best Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Preheat an air fryer to 350°F.
- Set out a medium mixing bowl. Combine the eggs, heavy cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in the bowl. Whisk well.
- Cut the sandwich bread from top to bottom into 3 or 4 sticks per slice. (You can also leave the bread as-is for classic French toast.)
- Open the air fryer and spray the basket with a nonstick cooking spray. Dunk 6-8 bread sticks in the egg mixture. Flip them over, then lay in a single layer in the air fryer basket. (Or dunk two whole slices.)
- Close the air fryer and set the timer on 5 minutes. When the timer goes off carefully flip the French toast sticks over, and air fry another 3 to 4 minutes until golden. Repeat with the remaining bread. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!