Easy Grilled Balsamic Chicken Skewers with Israeli Couscous just in time for summer grilling!
We grilled out, hiked through the woods, and swam in the lake. The kids even got pretty good at using the paddle board!
This coming weekend we will do it all over again. I’ve got several grilled recipes on the menu, including a tantalizing balsamic chicken skewers recipe served on a bed of colorful fluffy Israeli couscous.
My Balsamic Chicken Skewers with Israeli Couscous recipe is perfect for summer because it’s easy to make, it’s grilled outdoors, and it’s a meal the whole family will love. (My kids will eat anything served on a stick.)
I recently discovered NatureRaised Farms® chicken sold at Sam’s Club.
Have you seen it?
NatureRaised Farms is a company dedicated to providing products that come from animals: raised without antibiotics, hormones, or steroids, that are third-party animal welfare certified, and that are fed a 100% vegetarian diet. NatureRaised Farms goal is to help you get fresh honest food on the dinner table!
I appreciate that Sam’s Club is selling it, so I can get all my other weekend groceries and party supplies in one place. Then I know I’m getting the best prices possible, as well as quality!
For our Balsamic Chicken Skewers with Israeli Couscous recipe I decided to use NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, because chicken thighs stay so moist and flavorful when grilling.
I made a quick balsamic glaze and marinated chicken thigh pieces in half of it, reserving the rest for later.
Then I lined the chicken pieces on skewers and grilled them over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, I made a bright zesty Israeli couscous with chickpeas, roasted red peppers and herbs.
Once the chicken skewers came off the grill, I glazed them again and served them over the couscous.
Both parts of the dish are quick to make and come together beautifully. The contrast of the rich tangy chicken bursting with juicy flavor, and the light fluffy couscous is a sure winner.
My entire family loves this Balsamic Chicken Skewers with Israeli Couscous, made with NatureRaised Farms® chicken. And I love that I’m serving them food with quality I can trust.
Add this to your summer weekend meal plan to break away from burgers and hotdogs.
If you are interested in finding out more about NatureRaised Farms find them on:
Look for NatureRaised Farms #FarmToGrill tag on your favorite social spot!
Balsamic Chicken Skewers with Israeli Couscous
- 2 lbs NatureRaised Farms® boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, or palm sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large rosemary sprig, leaves removed and chopped
- 12 ounces Israeli couscous, pearl couscous
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary, and 1 teaspoon salt in a small sauce pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer for 4-5 minutes to thicken. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Chop the NatureRaised Farms chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a baking dish. Once the glaze has cooled, pour half of it over the chicken and allow it to marinate for 15 minutes. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes as well.
- Preheat the grill to medium-low (300 - 325 degrees F) and thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers. Salt and pepper lightly. Grill for 5 minutes. Flip the skewers. Then brush with glaze and grill another 5 minutes. Pour the remaining glaze over the top before serving.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package instructions. Once it is cooked and fluffy, stir in the chickpeas, roasted red peppers, onions, mint, parsley and olive oil. Toss and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the Balsamic Chicken Skewers with Israeli Couscous hot on a large platter.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by NatureRaised Farms. All opinions are my own.