Crispy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe – A fun spin of classic no-bake cookies with layers on chocolate, rice crisps, peanut butter, and graham crackers.
There is no doubt that creamy peanut butter and rich satisfying chocolate are a genius combination.
The balance of salty and sweet is one of my favorites.
These Crispy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars take it a step further.
Some of you may remember the classic old commercials from the late 70s early 80s where the guy with the jar of peanut butter and the guy with the chocolate bar crash into each other and discover a new taste sensation.
Anyone? You young pups may not know what I am talking about. Just google it.
Now imagine that commercial, except the guy with the chocolate has a Crunch Bar, and the other guys has graham crackers spread with peanut butter.
BAM… Crispy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
I am not quite sure whether this would be considered a candy bar or a cookie bar but I don’t think it really matters.
Either way, it is considered delicious.
Notice the “No-Bake” in the name?
Yes, we are keeping it cool and easy this summer. No heating up the oven or the kitchen for this treat. You merely need a double boiler (or microwave) for melting the butter and chocolate.
Actually you might not even need that. In my part of the country, in the summer you could turn this recipe into an outdoor solar energy science project discussing the state of matter at varying temperatures, and timing how quickly the ingredients liquefy.
I could go on and on…
Let’s get back to how delightfully simple these Crispy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars really are.
Just melt, mix, and spread. Then repeat with the top layer and chill the bars in the fridge until they setup.
It’s an elemental concoction of basic equations. Two layers containing three ingredients each, equals happy smiles all around!
More No-Bake Treats!
Crispy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, or crunchy
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 9 graham crackers, crushed into a powder
- Mix the melted butter, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs together in a bowl until combined.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of a parchment-covered 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, on the stovetop or in the microwave. Once melted, mix in the crispy rice cereal.
- Spread the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer and refrigerate 1-2 hours until firm.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. Keep refrigerated.