Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Recipe – turn plain-jane dishes into something really special. It’s easy to make, savory sweet, and just right for Thanksgiving.
Turkey Gravy a Thanksgiving Necessity
You’ve got your roasted turkey and ham resting on the counter top. You’ve got piping-hot sweet potatoes and buttery stuffing in the oven… and creamy mashed potatoes on the stove top. What are you missing? That’s right, turkey gravy. What would Thanksgiving dinner be (or any holiday meal for that matter) without rich silky gravy to drizzle over the top?
It would be blah, that’s what. Like an ice cream sundae with no cherry on top or a plate of chocolate chip cookies with no milk for dipping. A holiday meal with no gravy is just wrong, nearly sinful. You’ve spent hours building a custom car, but have no key to start the ignition, you see what I’m getting at?
Let’s not make that mistake this year. A gorgeous buttery Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Recipe with apple flavor bursting through is just moments away.
Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Ingredients
It doesn’t take much to make a delicious turkey gravy! Here are the ingredients and some alternatives for you.
- Turkey Stock from Pan – Or packaged turkey stock + ½ stick melted butter
- Minced Garlic – Or 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- McCormick Rubbed Sage – For herby essence
- Apple Cider – This gives the gravy a slight apple taste
- All Purpose Flour – For thickening
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
How to Make Turkey Gravy
First take the dripping from your turkey pan (or substitute turkey stock and melted butter) and add a good dose of McCormick herbs to it.
Whisk some cold apple cider with flour to thicken and flavor the gravy. Add the flour mixture to the dripping and whisk over medium heat until a thick silky consistency emerges. Salt and pepper to taste.
Your family will be so thankful you made this Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Recipe.
If you are still on the lookout for great Thanksgiving recipes, visit the McCormick FaceBook fan page as they Count Down to Thanksgiving. They’ve got everything you’ll need to plan a brilliant holiday meal including tips and fabulous recipes for: Spectacular Sides, Let’s Talk Turkey, Save Room for Pie, and It’s All Gravy.
See the recipe card below for how to make Apple Cider Turkey Gravy. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like:
- Apple Cider Cinnamon Knots
- One-Pot Sunday Gravy
- Turkey Breast with Tomato Gravy
- Salted Caramel Apple Cider
Apple Cider Turkey Gravy Recipe
- Scrape juices and browned bits from the roasting pan into large glass measuring cup. Measure out 2 1/2 cups.
- Add the garlic and sage to the drippings and place in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk the flour and cold apple cider together to remove the clumps.
- Pour the flour mixture into the drippings and whisk. Continue to whisk as the mixture comes to a soft boil and thickens to desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick. I do not ever write about products I don’t personally use and enjoy.