Soft chewy Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies, a nutty variation of classic chocolate chip cookies!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies… I can’t think of a phrase that makes me happier!
Maybe the word massage is a close second and nap is running for third, but cookie is definitely my favorite word and snack.
Cookies make everyone smile. Everyone.
Have you ever heard a person say, “I hate cookies!” It’s just not possible.
Cookies could be the world’s best common denominator. World peace through Cookie Ambassadorship!
I like to take cookies to my friends and neighbors as a little memento that I’m thinking about them, and you know what? Cookies are little miracle workers. They mend relationships, form unbreakable bonds, and offer a symbol of hope to everyone who partakes.
Ok, maybe I’m getting a little carried away. Yet I’m not off by that much.
Today’s Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a personal favorite.
I’ve been on an almond butter kick lately. When I need a little snack, I’ll grab a spoonful of rich creamy almond butter and slather it on top of half an apple.
As a hardcore peanut butter lover, I was a little skeptical of almond butter at first. I mean really, what could beat good ol’ American peanut butter? Yet at first taste, I fell head-over-heels in love with almond butter and haven’t looked back.
Here I’ve taken my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and substituted almond butter. Nothing fancy, just almond butter and a little chocolate. I’ll admit, Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are not the most glamorous cookies I’ve ever made.
Yet sprinkle a little sea salt on top brings out the best in both the almond flavor and the chocolate. Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies would be a fantastic addition to your holiday cookie exchange this year.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almond, or sliced almonds
- 4 ounce bar of chocolate, chopped
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, almond butter, and sugars together in an electric mixer. Beat well. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture in with the butter mixture. (Add 1/4 - 1/3 cup more flour, if the brand of almond butter you buy is runny.) Mix in the almonds and chocolate.
- Roll the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls. Lay them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Press the tops of the dough balls with the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in flour or sugar. Sprinkle the tops with a little sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving.