Spicy-sweet and hard to beat! Our Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita with Spiced Rim is a bold cocktail for the holidays.
Classic margaritas have always been a favorite for Lt. Dan and I. There’s nothing better than sitting outside on a warm summer day sipping citrusy beverages from an ice cold glass.
However, this time of year, I like to mix things up in the margarita department, and serve them with holiday flavors and a little spice!
Party season is officially upon us. Do you have your go-to party snacks and cocktails lined up?
If not, I’m here to help.
My Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita with Spiced Rim recipe is a vibrant holiday cocktail your guests will love, with a punch of contrasting flavor around the rim.
The cranberry pomegranate margarita itself is a 4 ingredient wonder.
With only cranberry-pomegranate juice, tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur, you’ve got a lovely holiday margarita blend that is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and everything in between.
However, what really takes this cranberry pomegranate margarita recipe over the top is the unexpected savory rim.
A salt rim is a traditional garnish for margaritas. Here I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning to flavor the salt before adding it to the glass rims.
The punch of zesty spices and salt perfectly balances this tangy-sweet beverage. Proving you can taco-fy just about anything to amp up its appeal!
I can’t believe what a difference adding the Old El Paso Taco Seasoning makes in this Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita with Spiced Rim recipe.
You’ve got to try it to believe it!
Why not serve a Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita with Spiced Rim to your guests this season to liven up your gathering?
Adding a little Ole to your cocktails is a great way to get the party rolling!
Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita with Spiced Rim
- 2 cups cranberry pomegranate juice blend
- 2 cups tequila blanco
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Place the agave syrup on a plate and add 1 tablespoon water. Gently stir to blend.
- Place the salt and Old El Paso Taco Seasoning on another plate and stir to blend.
- Dip the rims of 4-6 glasses in the agave syrup. Then press the rims into the seasoned salt. Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour the cranberry pomegranate juice, tequila, lime juice, and triple sec in a large ice filling shaker, or in a pitcher. Shake or stir, then pour into the glasses and serve!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are our own.