Grilled Romaine Salad with Buttermilk Dressing: Of all the things I love to grill, Grilled Romaine is a favorite. This delectable Romaine Salad with charred hearts of romaine and creamy Creole Buttermilk Dressing, is a feast for the senses.
Smoky grilled romaine hearts, blistering warm oranges, slices of fresh avocado, and bits of thick cut bacon… What’s not to love?
This easy and elegant Grilled Romaine Salad with Buttermilk Dressing makes a perfect first course. Grilling lettuce and oranges brings their flavors to the forefront for major wow-factor. The avocados off-set the acidity and offer creamy richness. And bacon adds that salty porky crunch that only bacon can provide.
Top this grilled romaine salad with a savory buttermilk dressing blended with McCormick Creole Jambalaya Seasoning Mix for that extra punch of irresistible flavor!
This Grilled Romaine Salad with Buttermilk Dressing is one of the dishes I served at my McCormick Gourmet Dinner Party. Make sure to check out all the recipes HERE.
Visit the McCormick Dinner Party Chain for more recipe ideas!
Grilled Romaine Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Grilled Romaine Salad with Grilled Oranges, Avocado, Bacon and Creole Buttermilk Dressing
For the Buttermilk Dressing:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Creole Jambalaya Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the Grilled Romaine Salad:
- 4 romaine hearts, cored and halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 small oranges, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Preheat the grill to high. Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the romaine hearts on the grill, cut side down. Grill for 1-2 minutes, then flip and grill the back side for 1-2 minutes. You're looking for dark grill marks and for the leaves to brighten in color.
- Grill the oranges for 1-2 minutes per side.
- To plate, place one halved romaine heart on each plate. Garnish with 2-3 slices of orange and avocado and sprinkle with bacon.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve warm.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!