Smoky Leek Risotto
Irresistible Leek Risotto: this creamy risotto with leeks, roasted cumin and cuban spices is a smoky sensation. Serve it on it’s own, or as a side dish. Either way, it will be the talk of the table.
What’s more comforting or luxurious than a silky serving of risotto?
Arborio rice is the glass slipper of the grain family. It transforms a plain rice pilaf into a fabulously rich risotto dish with a creamy, yet firm texture.
Risotto makes a lovely canvas for any flavor. This risotto with leeks is bright and earthy, with deep smoky undertones from McCormick Roasted Ground Cumin and Cuban Seasoning. The vibrant spices make this leek risotto a standout at the dinner table.
Smoky Leek Risotto was served at the McCormick Gourmet Dinner Party I threw last week. Make sure to check out the other recipes on the menu.
Or click here to see the McCormick Gourmet Dinner Party Chain!
Smoky Leek Risotto
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch leeks white and light green ends diced and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Roasted Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Cuban Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock, more as needed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the butter, oil, chopped and cleaned leeks, cumin and the Cuban seasoning. Saute 3-5 minutes until the leeks soften.
- Heat the stock in another sauce pan or in the microwave. Keep warm.
- Add the rice to the leek mixture, followed by the white wine. Stir and simmer until the wine absorbs.
- Add 1 cup of stock at a time, stirring and allow it to absorb into the rice before adding more. This should take 15-20 minutes until all the stock is incorporated and the rice is "al dente".
- When the rice is tender and creamy, stir in the Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!