A lovely Fennel Salad with Roasted Beets and Shaved Asparagus drizzled in olive oil… Heaven!
I’m keeping it short and sweet today…
I adore crisp fennel salad, no matter the variety. Some people pair fennel with citrus segments, others with apples and celery.
However, something about the cool anise flavor of fennel against hot roasted beets makes my heart sing!
Add thin slivers of raw asparagus, rich nutty Asiago, and walnuts, and I am a happy, happy girl.
Drizzle some amazing olive oil over a gorgeous Fennel Salad with Roasted Beets and Shaved Asparagus, and you have a thing of beauty on your hands.
Fennel Salad with Roasted Beets and Shaved Asparagus
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Fennel Salad with Roasted Beets and Shaved Asparagus – An amazing fennel salad with bright flavors and earthy olive oil drizzled over the top.
- 2 bunches beets (I used gold and red)
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1 bunch thick asparagus
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, broken into pieces
- 1/2 a lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Clean and peel the beets, then slice them into thin rounds. Spread out on the baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then roast for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, core and slice the fennel bulbs thin.
- Use a veggie peeler to shave thin ribbons of asparagus and Asiago cheese. When ready to serve, stack fennel, beets, asparagus, more beets, Asiago cheese and toasted walnuts onto serving plates. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle each plate with a little lemon juice and a generous portion of olive oil.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!