Brownie Bark Recipe with a distinct Chocolate Malt flavor. This simple brownie bark or is like a crispy brownie crust you can eat like a chip!
Let’s cut through the small talk today, and get right down to the grit. Serious matters call for sound thinking and straight answers. We’re talking brownies today, and I’m going to need you to make a full-throttle black and white decision.
Here we go.
Are you a fudgy center kind of person, or the crispy brownie crust type?
There it is. Take it in and think hard.
If you would opt to carefully cut your brownies into perfect squares, then delicately lift one respectable fudgy piece out of the center, I’ve got you covered with my Epic Brownies Recipe.
However, hell cats, if you’re the renegade type who would savagely rrrrrip the crunchy sides off a sheet of brownies and mischievously munch their crusty edges down a dark alley somewhere (most likely wearing military boots and carrying a can of spray paint in your back pocket) this Chocolate Malt Brownie Bark Recipe is all for you.
It’s edgy. Angular. Doesn’t fit the parameters of what a standard brownie should be.
A fringe sort of brownie for those that aren’t afraid to walk on the wild side.
By fringe I mean, our Chocolate Malt Brownie Bark Recipe is ALL crust baked into crispy shards of chocolatey wonder.
Each jagged piece is laced with a note of coffee and chocolate malt flavor that will conjure up dangerous dark desires with one single bite.
I’m warning you… this Chocolate Malt Brownie Bark Recipe is not for the faint of heart.
Those of a gentler nature, run to one of our softer brownie recipes. Immediately.
Yet if you suffer from a prickly disposition, I’ve got you covered. At least in the brownie department.
Chocolate Malt Brownie Bark Recipe
Yield: 50-60 pieces
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Chocolate Malt Brownie Bark Recipe with distinct Chocolate Malt Ball flavor. This simple brownie bark (or brittle) is like a crispy brownie crust you can snack on.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Mix the first seven dry ingredient in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place the egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a whisk (or egg beater) until ultra frothy. Then stir the melted butter and vanilla extract into the flour mixture, and fold in the frothy eggs whites.
- Mix half the mini chocolate chips into the batter. Then spread the brownie bark batter evenly over the entire surface of the prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes… 25 for extra crispy brownie bark. A little less if you want it to have a chewy note. Slide the parchment off the baking sheet while the brownie bark recipe is still hot. Cut immediately into pieces, before it has time to cool, then cool completely before serving or storing.
Yield: 50-60 pieces, Serving Size: 60
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 43 Calories
- Total Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 0.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: We are Q Squared NYC product advocates. All opinions are our own.
Other Great Recipes
Spring Skiing in Park City Utah Next Post
Quick Pickles Smoked Trout Herbed Cream Cheese Bagels