The Bangkok Margarita: Bold and vivacious with a tangy citrus note from lime juice and lemongrass.
Our resident mixologist Erin Hawley is here with us today to share a fresh and fabulous cocktail for spring…
The Bangkok Margarita.
A note from Erin:
This cocktail puts an exotic spin on the traditional margarita. If you have difficulty finding Thai chilis or Hawaiian black salt, any other chili or kosher salt will substitute just fine.
- 1 1/2 ounce Blanco Tequila
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce Lemongrass Syrup see note below
- 1 Thai chili seeded and chopped
- Hawaiian black salt
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all ingredients, minus the salt, and shake vigorously.
- Dip the rim of the glass in extra lemongrass syrup, then dip in the Hawaiian black salt.
- Strain the Bangkok margarita into the prepared cocktail glass and serve!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
More Spring Cocktails