We’re crazy over this decadent and perky Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies recipe!
For my personal sanity, I need sunshine… Continual sunshine.
I need to see green when I walk outside. I need shorts. Sometimes I think our family needs to move to a tropical climate so I can experience summer all year long. After all, when mama’s happy, every body is happy, right?
One way to combat the feeling of endless waiting for sandals and sunshine, is to eat warm-weather foods like berries!
Berries are in abundance right now, and well priced. However when we need sunshine and summer berries in the fall and winter, frozen berries are a good substitute.
Frozen fruits and veggies are picked in the peak of their season and frozen quickly to retain flavor and nutrients. Frozen fruit is usually a fraction of the cost and bakes just as well as fresh fruit.
I use frozen berries and citrus zest anytime I need to bake summer treats out of season.
The bright poppy flavors in today’s Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies helps me make it through the cold months. Reminding me that soon enough, I will be trouncing through the berry patch swinging my little basket and humming a merry tune!
I mean the kids will be doing that and I will be maturely watching from the sidelines… Not skipping.
No matter the season, Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies are a great way to lift your mood!
Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon for blueberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cups blueberries can be frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt both sugars and the butter together until the brown sugar is mostly melted. (You can do this in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or on stovetop.)
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and lemon zest together. Add the melted sugar mixture and stir. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
Press the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish . Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top. Then toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and sprinkle them over the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. If the edges of the blondies start to get dark, loosely tent a piece of foil over the top of the pan. Cool to room temperature before cutting.
Caprese Chicken Foil Packets Next Post
Fried Calamari Salad with Caperberries and Lemon Aioli