Cheesy Caprese Chicken Foil Packets with roasted potatoes. The perfect outdoor dinner!
When was the last time you wrapped dinner in foil and threw in on the grill… Or better yet, in the campfire?
Today’s Caprese Chicken Foil Packets recipe takes only minutes to prepare. Then you can toss them on the grill, hot coals, or in the oven, and let the airtight wrappings work their magic!
Foil packets are a great way to enjoy a no-fuss outdoor dinner under the stars.
Lt. Dan and I used do this every time we planned a camping trip.
We dropped prepped hobo dinners (AKA foil packets) in our backpacks and headed out on the trail. Later, when it was time to set up camp, we’d make a fire and throw our packets down into the hot ashes to cook.
These easy cheesy Caprese Chicken Foil Packets are fabulous to keep in the cooler on a camping trip. Yet they are just as delicious when you want to make an easy dinner at home… With almost no clean up.
Simply place quartered baby potatoes on a sheet of foil, stack a chicken breast on top and brush it with pesto.
Wrap the foil tightly around the chicken and potatoes and let them cook. Later, open the steaming packets and place a slice of mozzarella cheese and tomato over the top.
Set each packet back on the heat for a few minutes.
The mozzarella melts down over the chicken and potatoes for a creamy finish!
Caprese Chicken Foil Packets offer huge wow-factor no matter where you eat them.
Caprese Chicken Foil Packets
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400 degrees F. Lay out 4 large squares of foil.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and divide them onto the four pieces of foil. Drizzle each pile of potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay one chicken breast over each pile of potatoes. Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto over each chicken breast, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold each piece of foil around the potatoes and chicken, sealing on the top and sides.
- Grill or bake the chicken packets for 30-35 minutes. Meanwhile, slice the mozzarella ball into four rounds, and cut four slices of tomato.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, carefully open the foil packets and place one slice of mozzarella and one slice of tomato over the top of the chicken. Brush a scant amount of pesto over the top of each tomato. Place the packets, open, over the grill for 5 minutes to let the mozzarella melt.
NOTE: If using larger new potatoes, cut into small bite-size pieces so they cook through.
Other Great Recipes
Healthy 5-Minute Strawberry Pineapple Sherbet Next Post
Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies