Love a steak with A1 steak sauce on top? Today we’re sharing a fabulous Grilled Steak Salad with A1 Vinaigrette. All the steak flavor you love, plus a healthy dose of greens!
If you have a garden at your house, chances are, you are drowning in tomatoes right now. And chances are, your grill is getting a lot of use as well.
This month, we’ve been grilling like there’s no tomorrow, and trying to use up the produce coming out of our container garden. I’ve got lots of herbs growing, as well and six varieties of tomatoes, tomatillos, and even some peppers.
When my tomatoes are ripe and tangy, I will eat them like apples. However, slicing them and piling them on all sorts of salads is my preference.
This manly steak salad is loaded with fresh tomato wedges, and a few surprise ingredients!
One of my favorite childhood meals was cold leftover steak with A1 steak sauce.
In my house, dousing a freshly grilled steak with A1 was considered faux pas, however dunking chunks of cold day-old steak in steak sauce was perfectly acceptable. Go figure.
When Lt. Dan and I started dating, I discovered the he had a similar association to steak sauce. His family would eat it with cold steak and sharp cheddar cheese. This made it clear to me that we were meant to be.
Today’s Steak Salad with A1 Vinaigrette is a throwback to the good ol’ days.
We’ve combined perfectly juicy grilled ribeye steak with crunchy romaine lettuce, avocado slices, and all those tangy-sweet garden fresh tomatoes we’re growing.
What makes this steak salad really shine are the crispy french fried onions on top. The kind out of a can… another throwback item. And of course, the zesty creamy A1 Vinaigrette!
Simply place oil, red wine vinegar, sour cream, A1 steak sauce, and honey in a glass jar and shake it until it’s smooth and creamy. Then drizzle it over the top of this steak salad and dig into nostalgic ecstasy!
Steak Salad with A1 Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
Grilled Steak Salad with A1 Vinaigrette – A steak salad recipe loaded with fresh tomatoes, avocado, and fried onions, then drizzled with creamy A1 Dressing!
For the Steak Salad:
- 1 large 1 1/2 inch thick ribeye steak (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3 ripe tomatoes, various colors
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup french fried onions (like Frenchs)
- Salt and pepper
For the A1 Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup A1 Steak Sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Salt and pepper the ribeye steak on both sides. Once the grill is hot, place the steak on it and grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the A1 Vinaigrette in a glass jar. Screw the lid on tight and shake until smooth and thick. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop the romaine lettuce and place on a large platter. Slice the avocado and arrange over the lettuce. Then cut the tomatoes into wedges and arrange over the salad as well.
- Slice the grilled steak against the grain. Fan the sliced steak over the salad and sprinkle fried onions over the top. Then drizzle the steak salad with A1 Vinaigrette and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 814 Calories
- Total Fat: 60.4g
- Saturated Fat: 26.1g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Sodium: 168mg
- Carbohydrates: 31.8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Protein: 33.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!