Crispy Creole Roasted Zucchini, a healthy snack or side dish no one can resist!
Sometimes I get bored with vegetable side dishes. Whew! I’m glad I got that off my chest.
I know I need them in my life. I know I need to feed them to my family. I know there are tons of veggie options out there. Yet I still get stuck, on occasion, making the same three or four sides over and over again.
This happens to all of us… Even recipe developers. So don’t feel bad when it happens to you!
In my mind, the best way to fix a vegetable rut is cheese and spices.
Together, these two magical ingredients can breath life into any veggie we are tired of. They can rekindle the fire, so to speak.
Today’s Crispy Creole Roasted Zucchini is a perfect example of this.
Are you already over zucchini this summer? Coat them in parmesan cheese, creole seasoning, lemon zest, and herbs and suddenly you will see zucchini in a sexy new light!
Crispy Creole Roasted Zucchini makes a dazzling quickie side dish, but can also be served as a low carb snack option at parties.
Just toss raw zucchini in a simple grated parmesan-spice blend and lay them out on a baking sheet. Then roast in the oven until golden.
Crispy Creole Roasted Zucchini could make anyone fall in love with veggies again.
Why not give it a try!
Crispy Creole Roasted Zucchini
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Crispy Creole Roasted Zucchini Recipe – A simple healthy vegetarian dish with huge wow-factor! This low carb dish is both a side dish and a party snack.
- 3 large zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the grated parmesan cheese, lemon zest, cajun seasoning, italian seasoning, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Then add in the zucchini slices. Toss well to coat the zucchini on all sides.
- Lay the zucchini out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven, on the center rack, for 6 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and broil for 2-4 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve warm.
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 175 Calories
- Total Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 892mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Protein: 15.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!