This healthy avocado soup tastes indulgent with a handful of fresh tortilla chips, but will keep you light on your feet all day!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
- 32 ounces chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 packages Wholly Avocado Peel and Serve Trays or about 3 ripe avocados, smashed
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 small habanero pepper seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice optional
- Salt and pepper
Add the stock, avocado, onions, garlic, habanero pepper, herbs, spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a slow cooker. Cover and turn the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
Once thoroughly cooked, remove the bay leaf and use an immersion blender to puree the hot soup. Stir in the honey (and lime juice if desired) and taste for salt and pepper.
Serve warm with sour cream, hot sauce and tortilla chips.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 13.5mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.7mg