Easy and casual weeknight Sloppy Joes: saucy, ultra tangy from the peppers and vinegar, and kick-you-in-the-face, "Hotter than Hades" spicy!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes in their juices 15-ounce cans
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup packed brown sugar depending on how sweet you like Sloppy Joes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-4 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 soft rolls toasted
Place the butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat. (If using a Swiss Diamond Skillet you don't need the butter!) Then add the chopped onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften, then push the veggies to the edges of the skillet and add the ground beef in the center.
Salt the beef and break into small pieces as you stir. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
Then add the next 7 ingredients. Stir the mixture and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10-12 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally.
Scoop the Sloppy Joe mixture onto toasted buns and serve warm. Eat as is, or top with pickles and/or cheese.
Serving: 1Sloppy Joe | Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 1097mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 11.7% | Vitamin C: 42.9% | Calcium: 9.5% | Iron: 79.7%