Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup: This soup is lighter than buffalo wings with all the robust flavor and it can also be made on the stovetop!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot cayenne sauce
- 1/4 cup good blue cheese dressing could also use low-cal dressing
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crispy tortilla chip strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Place a skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 minutes to soften.
Slow Cooker Method:
Place the sautéed garlic and onions, carrots, celery, chicken breasts, Franks hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and chicken stock in a crockpot. Cover and turn on. Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or low for 4-5 hours.
Once the chicken has cooked through, take the chicken breasts out. Using two forks, shred the chicken and place back in the soup.
Place the sautéed garlic and onions, carrots, celery, chicken breasts, Franks hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and chicken stock in a stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Once the soup has cooked, take the chicken breasts out. Using two forks, shred the chicken and place back in the soup.
1) If you can't find crispy tortilla strips, you can use crumbled tortilla chips or make your own by cutting corn tortillas into strips and quickly frying them.
2) The nutritional information can vary greatly based on the toppings and dressing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 861mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5350IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 0.9mg