Southwest Cornbread Stuffing + VIDEO
Add a little kick to your holiday dressing this year with this flavorful stuffing recipe. Our Southwest Cornbread Stuffing is a sure-fire way to keep your dinner guests coming back for more!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 10 ounces Old El Paso Mild Red Enchilada Sauce (or 1 can of preferred red enchilada sauce)
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 3.8 ounces sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, + extra for garnish
- 14 ounces dried cornbread stuffing
- 2 cups shredded "Mexican blend" cheese
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or vegetable
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, onion, garlic, celery and chopped bell peppers. Saute and stir for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Then turn off the heat and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the Old El Paso Mexican Cooking Sauce into the skillet, followed by the green chiles, olives, cilantro, and dried stuffing. Stir to combine. Then toss in the shredded cheese, reserving a handful for the top.
Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Then spoon the cornbread stuffing into the dish. Drizzle the stock over the top of the stuffing, covering the entire dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and a little more cilantro.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the cheese has melted. Serve warm.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 1089mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 21.7mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1.9mg