The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe ever! This fresh and healthy tortilla soup recipe is easy to make and an absolute crowd-pleaser.
This is a great recipe to use up leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
Just add it in at the very end to warm it up.
To make this a “low carb” recipe, omit the tortilla chips. It’s still awesome!
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Set the IP on Sauté. Add the oil, onions, 1/3 cup cilantro, and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, whole raw chicken breasts, carrots, all spices, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Push the chicken breasts to the bottom of the pot. Lock the lid into place and set on Pressure Cook High for 5 minutes.
- Perform a Quick Release. Once the steam valve button drops it's safe to open the lid.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts with tongs and either shred or chop them. Add the chicken pieces back to the soup. Stir in half the cheese and 1 cup crushed tortilla chips.
- Garnish as directed above.