We love this amazing Pumpkin Chili Recipe! Zesty earthy chili made with pumpkin pure for an unexpected richness that beats tomatoes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
- 2 pounds ground pork, or ground chicken
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 29 ounces 100% pure pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 2 bottles hard cider, gluten-free (12-ounce bottles)
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained (15-ounce cans)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, red onion
Place a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the ground pork and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chipotle peppers. Cook until the meat is browned and the onions are soft.
Pour the pumpkin puree, hard ciders, beans, and chicken broth into the pot. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and bay leaves. Stir well.
Simmer for at least 30 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with toppings if deserved.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 24.2mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2.2mg