Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup
Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup Recipe - A healthy silky soup you won't believe is vegan! Packed with fresh vegetables and white beans, then puréed to perfection.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, chopped or grated
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 15 ounces white beans, drained
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- fresh chopped chives for garnish
Set a large stock pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions, garlic and celery in oil for 3-5 minutes.
Add in the remaining vegetables, beans, liquids, and all spices. Give it a good stir and bring to a boil, simmering for 20 minutes.
Mix in the nutritional yeast and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Remove from heat and puree soup using an immersion blender . Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped chives.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1379mg | Potassium: 1351mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6295IU | Vitamin C: 119.5mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 6.2mg