Spicy Thai Chicken Soup
This Chicken Soup packs a punch! Our Spicy Thai Chicken Soup Recipe is loaded with flavor, and is extremely healthy.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced snap peas
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped thai basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions for garnish
Place a large sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add both oils to the pot, followed by the onions. Saute the onions for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. Then add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 more minute.
Add the stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the sliced chicken. Stir to separate, then simmer another 5-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Turn off the heat and add the red bell peppers, carrots, snap peas and basil. Cover the pot and steep the vegetable for 5 minutes, until barely cooked through, but still firm. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with a sprinkle of chopped green onions.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1350mg | Potassium: 1138mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 91.9% | Vitamin C: 53.3% | Calcium: 6% | Iron: 15.9%