This feels like a day for a healthy salad recipe. Vibrant holiday Waldorf Salad will surely hit the spot!
I realize my holiday splurge isn’t over quite yet, but I need a day or two for recovery.
Nothing is more cleansing than a healthy salad recipe, to get your body back on track.
This festive Holiday Waldorf Salad is a great way to get-your-greens and will put you in the holiday spirit as well.
Waldorf Salad always reminds me of the holidays. Since I was little, I have always thought of it as the jewel of the table at Christmas brunches and parties.
This healthy salad recipe uses just a small amount of light mayonnaise, so you can feel good about serving it at gatherings this season.
With crisp sweet apples, crunchy endive, toasty nuts, and deep winter fruit flavors like pomegranate and dried cherries, it offers incredible contrast to all the heavy dishes in your holiday spread.
You can even make it a day ahead to lighten the cooking load before a big event.
Happy Salad Day… and don’t worry, I’ll be back with cookies next week!
More Winter Salads:
Roasted Pumpkin and Wild Rice Salad ~ Farmgirl Gourmet
Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad wit Blue Cheese ~ Two Peas in Their Pod
Beauchamp Orchard Salad ~ Reluctant Entertainer
Holiday Waldorf Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large crisp apples, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 Belgian endive, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Meyer lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Lettuce or cabbage leaves to serve
- Place the chopped apple, endive, scallion, cherries, pomegranate arils, and pecans in a large salad bowl. Toss.
- Whisk the mayo, 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and thyme in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve the waldorf salad in lettuce leaves and garnish with crystallized ginger.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Mexican Mocha Crinkle Cookies Next Post
Crock-Pot Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin + Balsamic Glaze