Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Fresh and easy Vietnamese Spring Rolls. It’s a summer salad rolled into hand-held goodness!
Our “Summer of Salads” continues today with a salad you can enjoy without any utensils.
We’re serving up Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) for added nutritional value and crunch!
Vietnamese Spring Rolls are a fun and tasty way to get your family to eat their veggies. And they are just as rewarding to make, as they are to eat.
Simply season shrimp and cut some veggies into thin strips. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the peppers and carrots into thin ribbons. Then use a spiralizer to cut zucchini into longer ribbons as a substitute for noodles.
A spiralizer is an inexpensive kitchen tool that turn any firm fruit and veggie into noodles. I use mine all the time to get fresh produce into the kids. We especially love using it for Raw Sweet Potato and Beet Salad.
Once the shrimp is seasoned and all the veggies are prepped, it’s time to start rolling. Dip the spring roll wrappers, one at a time, in water to soften. Soaking for 5-10 seconds should do the trick.
Then pile a small portion of each ingredient onto the soaked spring roll wrapper and fold the wrapper over the top. It’s important to tuck and pull as you roll, so your Vietnamese Spring Rolls are tight. Fold the ends inward as you roll.
The first couple might be a little loose, but you’ll get the hang of it.
Our Vietnamese Spring Rolls made with zoodles are veggie packed, easy to prep, and great for meals on the go. My kids love to take these in their lunch boxes during the school year.
They also make marvelous summertime appetizers!
Now there is no excuse to not eat your veggies every day.
Try serving Vietnamese Spring Rolls with our rich and creamy Homemade Peanut Sauce!
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 1 pound cooked peeled shrimp
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fill a cake pan with water and set aside. Then place the shrimp in a bowl and season with salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Toss to coat. Make sure the tails are removed.
- Spiralize the zucchini into long noodles. Then cut the green onions into thin 1 1/2-inch ribbons. Use a veggie peeler to shave the red pepper into strips.
- One at a time, dip the spring roll skins into water. Hold them in the water for 10 seconds, then lay them out flat and top with 2-3 shrimp, followed by basil leaves. Then pile a small portion of each remaining veggie over the top.
- Fold one end of the spring roll wrapper over the filling. Pull tight and roll, tucking the end under as you roll. Place on a plate and repeat. To serve: eat as-is, dip in soy sauce, or make a quick Homemade Peanut Sauce!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Keto Giảm Cân: Hướng Dẫn Toàn Tập (2021) - GiamCan101
Pingback: Spiralizer Recipes You Need to Try! - Home. Made. Interest.
These are the most refreshing things ever, and what a great idea to use the spiralizer!
Spring rolls are a weakness of mine. Love these with the Zoodles!
This is so smart! Zoodles in spring rolls makes so much sense!
Yum!!! So perfect for this hot weather!!
Love these fresh & healthy spring rolls!!
LOVE these flavors!!!
The zoodles are such a good idea in spring rolls!
What a fun summer spring roll!
I LOVE that you made these with veggie noodles!! what an awesome idea!