Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup Recipe – A healthy silky soup, you won’t believe is vegan! Packed with fresh vegetables and white beans, then puréed to perfection.
It’s creamy, it’s delicious and it’s vegan!
Don’t you just love to find a recipe that is as good-tasting as it is good for you? I know I do!
Squeezing enough vegetables into your daily diet can be a real challenge at times. Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup will get the job done.
This rich creamy soup is so tasty and satisfying you may not believe it is good for you. We all know the thought that if it is nutritious, it can’t possibly taste that great.
We also know its’ evil twin… The thought that if it is savory, decadent or extremely delicious, it must be bad for you.
I am here to help you change that thinking. These ideas are total misnomers and poor excuses not to take care of your health. (Oops.. Did I get on my soap box for a minute there?)
Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup is packed with 11 vegetables and herbs, nutritious spices, and a not-so-secret health food that gives everything a delicious boost.
Your picky eaters need not know what wonderful nutrient-giving ingredients are contained in Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup.
After all, it is pureed they won’t be able to pick out anything.
How To Make Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup
Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup is so simple to put together.
You could just throw it all in a pot and cook it at one time, but don’t.
The chopping and shredding of veggies has a dual purpose:
1. They cook much more quickly when cut to smaller bits.
2. The soup will be easier to blend together.
Sautéing the aromatics adds another layer of flavoring that you won’t want to miss out on. Using vegetable stock offers even more flavor and nutrients.
(Remember to save your vegetable scraps for the next batch of homemade vegetable stock!)
Time to reveal that not-so-secret health food flavor booster… Nutritional Yeast!
Yes, nutritional yeast brings vitamins, fiber, protein. It thickens the soup and provides a nutty-cheesy flavor as well. You won’t want to leave it out.
You don’t have to be Vegan to enjoy Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup.
This recipe makes a very large pot of soup. It stores well, freezes and tastes wonderful thawed. Forget that vegetable drink with only 8 veggies in it. You can drink this soup instead!
Vegan Creamy Golden Vegetable Soup
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, chopped or grated
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 15 ounces white beans, drained
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- fresh chopped chives for garnish
- Set a large stock pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions, garlic and celery in oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining vegetables, beans, liquids, and all spices. Give it a good stir and bring to a boil, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the nutritional yeast and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree soup using an immersion blender . Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped chives.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!