Turkey Meatballs with Orange Marmalade Glaze
Turkey Meatballs with Orange Marmalade Glaze, a pre-Thanksgiving-dinner snack to soothe the hungry mob. You will certainly be thankful for this easy Turkey Meatballs Recipe!
Anytime I’m hosting a big gathering, I design a game-plan for all things party related:
- Table Setting and Decorations
- Menu, including Cocktails and Appetizers
- Cooking Strategy and Time Frame
- Kid’s Activities, if needed
The appetizers are an important element to making a dinner party flow smoothly.
For one, they keep the guests happy, if the meal takes a little extra time to prepare.
Two, they keep “snitchers” out of the kitchen.
There’s nothing more infuriating to a high-strung cook, than people floating through the kitchen, lifting foil and lids here and there, to have a quick taste.
I always put out plenty of pre-dinner snacks to ensure this doesn’t happen.
Then the moment a notorious uncle steps foot in the kitchen, I gently whirl him around and point him to the dining room for appetizers and cocktails.
It works like a charm!
These tender sweet-n-savory Turkey Meatballs with Orange Marmalade Glaze are another McCormick Spices “Seasonal Seven” Recipe, and this week I’m featuring Poultry Seasoning.
When I am making a recipe that calls for cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, I often substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice. Using a mixture of these spices is an easy way to save space in your pantry and save money at the market.
I use Poultry Seasoning exactly the same way.
It’s a blend of fragrant herbs and spices that work well with poultry: thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, pepper, and nutmeg.
So it’s handy to keep around and sprinkle in all-things-poultry to boost the flavor in one quick maneuver. Poultry Seasoning is also wonderful in creamy soups, stuffing, casseroles, and salad dressings.
This zesty Turkey Meatballs with Orange Marmalade Glaze is so easy to pull together, it makes a fabulous party appetizer.
Simply mix the ingredients, roll little balls, and saute.
Then whip up a quick orange marmalade glaze…
And toss in the turkey meatballs. Done!
…and keep the cook happy!
For more great holiday ideas, visit McCormick.com.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
Yield: 30 meatballs
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
- Beat the egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate 1 hour. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Place the meatballs in single layer in skillet. Cook until well browned on all sides. Remove meatballs from skillet. Set aside.
- Mix orange marmalade, broth, vinegar and red pepper in skillet on medium beat. Bring to boil, stirring to release browned bits in bottom of skillet. Return meatballs to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has reduced to glaze consistency.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick Spices. All opinions are my own.