You’ve got to try our lean and healthy Tomato Potato White Bean Soup, both hearty and delicious!
Our hearty, healthy, Tomato Potato White Bean Soup is one big pot of goodness.
This is just the soup to fuel your tank with energizing, savory vegetables and herbs. Tomato Potato White Bean Soup is filling yet not heavy.
I attribute that to the vegetable stock which is the base of this veggie packed pottage.
Although this soup is vegan and gluten free you may not even notice. You will be too busy biting into all of those chunky vegetables. You will never want to eat canned vegetable soup again!
The word “soup” in itself conjures up images of steamy, comforting, bone warming elixir that is enjoyed on frosty snow covered days.
Tomato Potato White Bean Soup will certainly fit that bill, but you can enjoy this soup any time of the year.
Traditional tomato soup is creamy, opaque and dense, as is traditional potato soup.
They have their place in soup kingdom.
Wanting to maintain a clearer, lighter soup, I searched for a less starchy type of potato that wouldn’t dissolve into mush when cooked.
I chose to use a new baby red that can take the boiling.
As for tomatoes, a large can of diced stewed tomatoes was the ticket. The large white cannellini beans are highly nutritious. They hold up to boiling and don’t disappear into the soup either.
Using vegetable stock as the base for Tomato Potato White Bean Soup boosts vitamins and minerals. It adds another layer of rich flavor to the pot as well.
Forget the crackers or bread! Tomato Potato White Bean Soup is so fresh, delicious, and satisfying you won’t need them.
You won’t have any trouble getting plenty of servings of vegetables in with this one-pot meal!
Tomato Potato White Bean Soup is guilt-free so grab a bowl or two and you will have eaten well.
Tomato Potato White Bean Soup
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of new red potatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 – 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups of veggie stock
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme and oregano for garnish, optional
- Set a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté onions in a tablespoon of olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots and celery. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, all herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Bring to a medium boil, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook 15 minutes or till all veggies are fork tender. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme and oregano.
The Best Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Next Post
Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Red Pepper Puree