Fresh, sweet and easy to love. Today’s recipe, The Best Strawberry Pizza, is something you’ll want to make all season long.
Fresh blushing strawberries, honey sweetened goat cheese, and the best sugar cookie base you’ll ever taste.
Generally, I don’t go throwing around the words “the best” unless am sure I’m right.
I’m sure, friends…. I’m really, truly sure about this one.
The Best Strawberry Pizza is a recipe I’ll stand behind as a treat you’re going to share with friends again and again. In fact, I’d bet money if you serve it this summer, your friends will think you’re a genius and ask for the recipe.
You don’t have to tell them you found it here. Just nod and smile.
There are three things that make The Best Strawberry Pizza so darn good…
1) You have to make it in the summertime when strawberries are ripe and in season.
2) You have to use soft fresh goat cheese, not cream cheese or some other inferior substitute. (No offense to cream cheese, but is there really any comparison?)
3) You have to make this particular sugar cookie base. If you try to fudge it and buy a pre-made sugar cookie log, it will no longer be the best. *wink*
Winking aside, I’m serious about number three. We’re using my tried-and-true very best sugar cookie dough that kicks all other sugar cookies to the curb. It’s light and tender, with the perfect balance of vanilla, salt, and buttery essence.
This sugar cookie base is the ideal platform for unadulterated toppings like fresh summer berries, honey and chevre.
The Best Strawberry Pizza captures the essence of summer. It’s simple, casual, fun, and completely unforgettable.
It’s a fabulous treat for picnics, summer barbecues, and of course, the 4th of July!
The Best Strawberry Pizza, might just be your new summer go-to dessert.
Try it and let me know what you think!
The Best Strawberry Pizza
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10x15 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then scrape the bowl and add the egg and vanilla. Beat again to combine. Then with the mixer running, slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Scrape the bowl and beat again until smooth.
- Dump the cookie dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to press the dough out evenly from corner to corner. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the softened goat cheese and honey together until smooth. Once the cookie base comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then spread the goat cheese evenly over the base while it's still a little warm.
Hull the strawberries and slice into thin pieces. Start at one end and line the strawberry slices across the pizza, overlapping each row for complete coverage. Cut and serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.