Bold spicy Thai Red Curry Grilled Chicken Salad, a hot-cold sensation served with creamy peanut dressing!
Love Thai Panang Chicken Curry? You are going to adore today’s recipe!
This Panang chicken salad is loaded with ripe mango, radishes, red onion, colorful peppers, cilantro, and peanuts. Our Thai Red Curry Grilled Chicken Salad offers the exotic intrigue of a good Thai curry, in a lean summer salad!
As far as I’m concerned, April through September is salad season. The rest of the year I love to eat hearty comfort foods and slow cooked meals.
Yet, right now is the perfect time for fresh summer produce, and I plan to make the most of it.
With that in mind, it can be fun (and tasty) to find ways to combine the comfort of cold weather dishes with warm weather ingredients.
My family loves with this Thai Red Curry Grilled Chicken Salad, and we think you will too!
The grilled curry chicken and peanut dressing are both great make-aheads that can be prepped several days in advance for a quick lunch or dinner later in the week.
How To Make Thai Red Curry Grilled Chicken Salad
This healthy Thai chicken salad starts with chicken breasts marinaded in Panang red curry paste. You can find the curry paste in Asian markets, but also in a regular grocery store with a great “International” section.
Curry paste is so intense you do not need to marinade the chicken for long, and you do not need to add additional salt.
As you grill the chicken, the curry paste creates a rich red crust on the exterior of the chicken. It provides not only flavor, but an appealing texture as well.
Next make a quick creamy peanut dressing by pureeing peanut butter with sesame oil, rice vinegar, and garlic.
Then fill each plate with crunchy chopped napa cabbage, sliced mango, radishes, and onions. Arrange the sliced chicken on top of each salad.
Finally, sprinkle cilantro leaves and peanuts over the warm thai chicken salad and serve it with the creamy peanut dressing.
Dinner is served!
Thai Red Curry Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 ounce can Panang Red Curry Paste
- 8 cups chopped napa cabbage (from one big cabbage)
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 cup mini bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Preheat the grill. Place the chicken in a baking dish. Rub the pieces of chicken on all sides with Panang red curry paste. Do not salt and pepper. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the ingredients for the dressing in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Prep all the produce. Once the grill reaches 350-400 degrees F, grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Allow the chicken to rest another 5 minutes, before slicing into thin strips.
Arrange the napa cabbage, mangos, and vegetables on salad plates. Top with sliced grilled chicken, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve each salad plate with a side of peanut dressing.
Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad (Video) Next Post
No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream