Stuffed Mushroom Eyeballs
Spooky Stuffed Mushroom Eyeballs for Halloween! This 5-ingredient party snack is sure to be a hit at your Halloween party.
The idea of eating eyeballs might be creepy, but you’ll be amazed at how quickly these Stuffed Mushroom Eyeballs will disappear at your Halloween Bash this year!
This fun appetizer is another idea from my brilliant 12 year old daughter Ava.
She loves Halloween and is dreaming up crafty snacks and decorations all year long until the spooktacular day finally arrives.
Ava had so many ideas for sweets this year, I asked her to brainstorm some savory snacks as well.
Her edible eyeballs were on top of the list.
With just 5 simple ingredients: button mushrooms, cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and pimento stuffed olives, you can make an eiry and unforgettable snack to delight your guests!
Simply pop the stems off the mushrooms and turn them bottom-side-up on a baking sheet.
Then mix softened cream cheese, white cheddar cheese and garlic powder together.
Roll the cheese mixture into small balls and press them into the cavity of the mushrooms.
It’s important to adjust the size of the cheese ball to fit inside the mushroom cavity. Resist the urge to over stuff the mushrooms. Make sure the cheese ball has plenty of space to melt into the mushroom without running over, so they actually look like eyeballs.
Then cut pimento stuffed green olives in half and press one into the top of the Stuffed Mushroom Eyeballs.
Creepy or cute? I can’t decide.
Either way, they taste amazing! Cheesy, mushroomy goodness with a punch of salt.
Serve these spooky 5-ingredient Stuffed Mushroom Eyeballs this year with Sweet and Spicy Baked Drumsticks, Forbidden Rice, Creepy Kale Chips, Spooky Bark, and our Jello Worm and Spider Nests for a gory, yet delicious Halloween feast!
Stuffed Mushroom Eyeballs
- 1 pound large button mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (could be low fat)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10-15 pimento-stuffed olives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The gently pop the stems off the mushrooms and set them bottom-side-up on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the softened cream cheese, shredded white cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Scoop small 1-2 teaspoon portions of the cheese mixture and roll it into balls. Press the balls into the cavities of the mushrooms. 1 teaspoon balls for small mushrooms, and 2 teaspoon balls for larger mushrooms. *Resist the urge to overstuff the mushrooms, or the filling will run out!
- Cut the pimento stuffed olives in half and press them flat-side-up into the top of the cheese filling. Bake the mushrooms for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!