Totally irresistible 4-ingredient Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles perfect for sultry summer days!
During the summer months, the kids like to sell homemade popsicles on our sidewalk to make extra money. They will spend weeks coming up with their popsicle menu, making signs, then freezing and wrapping popsicles.
I’m always thrilled to hear the flavor combinations they’ve come up with, and secretly hope we can pull off all their inspirations.
Just as when I test recipes, sometimes they come out better than expected, sometimes you have to test a recipe multiple times to get it just right, and sometimes you just have to ditch a concept and move on.
This year Ava has already started planning for her first gourmet popsicle stand of the season. She has toiled excessively over the 6-8 popsicle flavors she will make, and I have to say they are pretty swanky.
I praised her creativity and culinary sensibilities, but then gently reminded her that even though her popsicles are “gourmet” people often like simple combinations best.
She agreed, marking off a few of her more lofty ideas, then went back to the drawing board with flavors like lavender-lemon popsicles, rocky road popsicles, and strawberry pina colada popsicles… This kid is on to something, if you ask me.
The Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles we whipped up are so easy to make, with only 4 ingredients, and taste like you are sitting on a beach in paradise.
Simply place Cream of Coconut cocktail mixer, coconut milk, and frozen pineapple chunks in the blender. Puree until the pineapple chunks are broken up, then pour into popsicle molds.
Then spoon “Slice Strawberries in Syrup” from the freezer section into each mold and use the popsicle stick to spread them around. Freeze.
See what I mean? Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles are so fast and easy to whip up, the kids can do it themselves.
They are ultra creamy with little chunks of pineapple and sliced strawberries mingled throughout, offering a perky note to offset the coconut.
Ava is going to strike it rich this year for sure!
Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles
Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles - A simple 4-ingredient popsicle recipe with huge flavor and creamy appeal!
- 15 ounces Cream of Coconut cocktail mixer
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 24 ounces frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- Place the cream of coconut, coconut milk, and pineapple chunks in the blender. Puree until the pineapple chunks are mostly blended. Then pour the mixture into popsicle molds about two-thirds full.
- Spoon the sliced strawberries out of the thawed syrup and into each popsicle mold, filling it close to the top. Use a popsicle stick to push the strawberries down into the molds to separate them. Then leave a popsicle stick in the center of each pop.
Freeze for at least 3 hours, but up to 5 hours. To un-mold, flip the popsicle mold over and run the tip of each pop under warm tap water. Then gently pull them out.