Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake
This is not your average strawberry milkshake. Today’s strawberry shake is loaded with all the flavors of a great strawberry shortcake recipe. Strawberry “Short-Shakes” are a true summer sensation!
One of my all-time favorite summer treats is a classic strawberry shortcake recipe.
Since childhood, I’ve loved the combination of buttery shortcakes, ripe summer berries, and sweet cream. However, I recently made a discovery that might change how I look at strawberry shortcakes forever.
I call it a Strawberry Short-Shake!
This strawberry milkshake incorporates all the flavors and textures of a classic strawberry shortcakes recipe, without all the work.
I filled my strawberry shake with fresh sweet berries, crumbled shortbread cookies, creamy vanilla ice cream made with Real California Milk, and vanilla extract to intensify the flavors. Then I topped the strawberry milkshake with whipped cream, toasted almonds, and more crumbled shortbread cookies.
Adding a little sugar and vanilla to the fresh strawberries before blending in the ice cream helps brighten the berries so the fresh strawberry flavor is front and center.
The shortbread cookies provide amazing buttery texture, and the ice cream and whipped cream offer the quintessential sweet-cream appeal of both strawberry shortcakes and strawberry milkshakes.
Sigh… this Strawberry Short-Shake is by far the best strawberry shake I’ve ever made.
I think I’ll go whip up another one!
Did you know June is National Dairy Month?
In honor of Dairy Month this June, Real California Milk is hosting a fun Pinterest Contest with fantastic prizes!
Here’s How To Enter:
- Create your very own dairy-inspired Pinterest board titled So Very California Dairy.
- Pin a minimum of 4 things: The 30 Days of Dairy Calendar found here, along with 3 Recipes you love from RealCaliforniaMilk.com. (Link over to pin all four!)
- Make sure to hashtag all your pins with #30daysofCAdairy.
Each week in the month of June, one lucky contest participant will be randomly chosen to win a $60 Williams Sonoma Gift Card.
AND… at the end of the month, one contest participant will be randomly chosen to win a $500 Williams Sonoma Gift Card! Just think of what you could add to your kitchen with $500 at Williams Sonoma!!
You can pin as many additional dairy-laden photos to your board as you like. Just remember to pin with the #30dayofCAdairy hashtag!
So set up your Pinterest board today and Pin-it to Win-it!
You can also share your amazing dairy shots in the Real California Milk Instagram Challenge (and find dairy-licious ideas) by using the hashtag #30daysofCAdairy.
Yield: 2 shakes
Prep Time:5 minutes
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk, if needed
- 6 shortbread cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- Whipped cream
- Place the strawberries, vanilla, and sugar in the blender. Pulse until the strawberries are fine and juicy.
- Add the ice cream and blend until smooth. If the shake is too thick, add the milk and blend again.
- Crumble 4 shortbread cookies into the blender and pulse to combine.
- To serve, pour the shake into two glasses, then top with whipped cream, toasted almonds, and a fresh strawberry. Garnish each glass with a shortbread cookie, or crumble the cookie over the top!
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Real California Milk. All dairy-loving opinions are my own.