Fresh molten Strawberry Brie Tartlets, a perfect snack for parties all year long!
Lt. Dan and I are party people.
We are always looking for an excuse to lay out a glorious spread of edibles and aperitifs. What’s better than a warm amalgamation of friends, food and music? Not much that I can think of.
We think of our home idealistically, as a meeting place where people can relax, connections are made, friendships are developed, where inspiring conversations are aroused. A place of both reasoning and laughter.
Therefore, I have an extensive collection of throw-together party foods for whenever the moment strikes
Sometimes these parties are rather short notice. Frozen puff pastry is something I keep on hand at all times. It’s extremely handy for quick hors d’oeuvres and desserts. If you entertain regularly, you need to have a few tricks up your sleeve, and puff pastry is a handy tool.
Bite-size Strawberry Brie Tartlets are perfect party nibbles that can be made in a hurry. This particular variety is essentially a deconstructed classic baked brie.
I’ve layered the ingredients I might used to wrap a whole wheel of brie, and baked them into tiny bites of heaven.
I find at get-togethers, friends are more likely to eat the less-messy items, especially if it’s an event where they are standing and roaming around.
Strawberry Brie Tartlets are easy to pick up and carry. Individual tarts takes a few more minutes of assembly time, but less time in the oven than a whole baked brie. They also look lovely in a sweeping display of delicacies and are a summertime favorite.
Strawberry Brie Tartlets are fabulous all year long, but I prefer them in the summer when the berries are ripe and sun-kissed!
Strawberry Brie Tartlets
Yield: 40+ mini tarts
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Simple Strawberry Brie Tartlets (Mini Tart Recipe) perfect for parties all year long, but especially berry season!
- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon water
- 10 ripe strawberries
- 5-6 ounces soft ripe brie
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, cut out at least 40 pieces of pastry dough and lay them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the center of each piece of dough to keep the centers from rising too much.
- Whisk together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the egg wash over each piece of dough. Bake the dough for 8-10 minutes, until golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, slice each strawberry into 4-5 thins slices. Scrape off the rind and slice the brie into thin rectangles. Pull the thyme leaves off the stems.
- When the puff pastry is golden, remove it from the oven and allow the centers to collapse a little. If they don’t, poke them down with a fork. Then layer a piece of brie over each pastry, followed by a strawberry slice, a few thyme leaves and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake another 2-3 minutes until the brie has melted. Drizzle with a scant amount of honey before serving. These are wonderful served warm or at room temperature!
Yield: 40+ mini tarts, Serving Size: 1 tart
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 74 Calories
- Total Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 98mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.1g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!