Soft Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios
Soft Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios – Dried strawberries are the secret ingredient for making the best strawberry cookie recipe ever. These cookies with strawberries and pistachios are soft, slightly chewy, and have just the right hint of crunch!
Perky, ripe, tangy strawberries are one of my favorite ingredients to cook with every summer.
Sweet or savory, there are so many ways to incorporate this versatile fruit in your seasonal dishes!
We have lots of lovely, easy, delicious strawberry-centric recipes on the site. There is our simple Strawberry Smoothies and 5-Minute Strawberry Pineapple Sherbet, decadent Strawberry Brownies with Chocolate Brownie Frosting, a healthy and unique Strawberry Beet Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, and many MANY more.
This year, I was set on creating strawberry cookies with fresh summer strawberries. However, every batch I tested came out more like dense biscuits or muffin-tops, due to the moisture in the fresh berries. Not exactly the light, slightly-chewy cookie results I was going for.
And then, finally, I stumbled upon the secret ingredient for making the perfect Soft Strawberry Cookies recipe…
The Best Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios
After much experimentation, I’ve decided the best strawberries cookies are made with either dried strawberries or freeze-dried strawberries.
When the dried strawberries are combined in the dough and baked, they get back a bit of their moisture to become wonderfully tender without being too juicy. The cookie dough retains its desirable texture during baking, yet you have a bold concentrate of fresh strawberry flavor in every bite!
Adding chopped pistachios for a bit of crunch is a nice contrast to the soft cookies as well. You certainly don’t have to include them in this strawberry cookie recipe, but, personally, I find the flavor combination of salty, earthy pistachios, and sweet strawberries to be one of my favorites for summer.
What Ingredients You Need
Many of the necessary ingredients for this strawberry cookies recipe are simple pantry staples. You can find both dried strawberries and freeze-dried strawberries at most major grocery chains, near the raisins and other dried fruits.
Here is everything that you need to make the Best Soft Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
- Dried strawberries or freeze-dried strawberries
- Chopped pistachios
- Turbinado sugar
Again, the pistachios are optional but offer contrast and a touch of elegance to these cookies with strawberries.
Turbinado sugar is also known as “raw” sugar, and is excellent for finishing the cookies for a bit of extra sweet crunchiness on top. You can leave this ingredient out, if you prefer your cookies to be not-so-sweet.
How to Make Soft Strawberry Cookies
Start to finish you only need about 30 minutes to bake the softest cookies with dried strawberries!
First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Roughly chop the dried strawberries and pistachios.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Then, turn the mixer on low and mix in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
Scrape the bowl again, and then slowly beat in the flour. Once the flour is fully combined, mix in the chopped strawberries and pistachios. Immediately turn off the mixer as to not over-beat the cookie dough.
Next, roll the dough into 1 inch balls (approximately 1 ½ tablespoons) and place on the baking sheets 2 ½ inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are set, but the center still looks slightly under baked. Immediately sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar, while the cookies are very warm, so the sugar sticks.
Get the Complete (Printable!) Soft Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Allow them to rest on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
How Long Will Cookies with Dried Strawberries Keep Well?
You can keep baked soft cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. These are also great for freezing for up to 3 months.
Can I Make these Vegan Strawberry Cookies?
Absolutely! For a vegan dried strawberry cookie recipe with pistachios, simply swap butter for your favorite plant-based substitute and replace the eggs with a blend of water and flax seeds.
Looking for More Crave-Worthy Cookie Recipes?
- Fluffy Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- “Burning Love” Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Soft Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Fruity Pillow Cookies
Soft Strawberry Cookies with Pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Roughly chop the dried strawberries and pistachios.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on high speed until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Then turn the mixer on low and mix in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Scrape the bowl again, then slowly beat in the flour. Once the flour is fully combined, mix in the strawberries and pistachios. Immediately turn off the mixer as to not overbeat the cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls (approximately 1 ½ tablespoons) and place on the baking sheets 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are set, but the center still looks slightly under baked. Immediately sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar, while the cookies are very warm, so the sugar sticks. Allow them to rest on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before moving.