Secret Ingredient Perfect Pumpkin Slab Pie
Yield: 24 pieces
Prep Time:30 minutes (active time)
Cook Time:30 minutes
Secret Ingredient Perfect Pumpkin Slab Pie Recipe – The Best Pumpkin Pie recipe due to two secret ingredients that improve the flavor and texture!
For the Pie Crust:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold (16 tablespoons)
- 8 tablespoons shortening, cold
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup ice cold amaretto liqueur
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces cream cheese (could use low fat)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. For the pie crust: In a food processor add the flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine. Then cut the cold butter and shortening into cubes and place in the food processor. Pulse again until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Add 2/3 cup ice cold amaretto and pulse again. If the dough looks too dry add 1-2 more tablespoons and pulse. Dump the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Press into a rectangle shape and wrap well. Refrigerate for at least 3o minutes.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese on high until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl and add a few spoonfuls of pumpkin puree and beat again. Add the remaining pumpkin puree little by little, as the mixture beats, to ensure the mixture comes together without clumps of cream cheese.
- Add in the brown sugar, followed by the egg, cream, vanilla, Chinese Five Spice, and salt. Scrape the bowl again and beat until smooth.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Cut 25% of the dough off one end. Wrap the smaller piece and place back in the fridge. Place the larger section on a well-floured piece of wax paper. Roll into a large 12 X 17 inch rectangle. Carefully flip the dough over onto a 10 X 15 inch jelly roll pan and peel off the wax paper. Roll the edges under and crimp with a fork.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the prepared crust and smooth out evenly. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until its set in the middle when lightly giggled.
- For decoration, roll out the remaining piece of dough and use a small pumpkin cookie cutter (or leaf shape) to cut out 24 pieces. Bake on a separate baking sheet for 5-10 minutes until golden. Once the pie is cool, cut into 24 squares and top each piece with a pie crust pumpkin!
Yield: 24 pieces, Serving Size: 24
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 300 Calories
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 359mg
- Carbohydrates: 31.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 14.1g
- Protein: 4.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2