Fresh zesty Roasted Shrimp Salad with Buttermilk Dressing, loaded with enormous juicy shrimp. Today’s salad recipe is topped with dried apples, almonds, and white cheddar, then drizzled with a creamy herb buttermilk dressing.
Who doesn’t love a fresh healthy meal they can pull together in minutes?
I know, I do.
Especially when it involves huge wild-caught shrimp, sweet apple chips, and creamy buttermilk dressing.
We are still on our “lots of raw veggies” kick and I can’t tell you how good I feel these days. Eating lighter meals, makes you feel light on your toes, without the bloating and lethargic fog that comes with a heavy carb load.
Something I discovered last year, that makes creating a healthy dinner salad super easy, is DeLallo SaladSavors!
You remember DeLallo, right? Inventors of the “olive bar” concept in your grocery store. Makers of incredible organic pasta, with whole wheat and gluten free options. Importers of a marvelous array of authentic Italian ingredients like sun dried sweet peppers, capers, olive oil and rich balsamic vinegar.
What would we do without DeLallo…
Well, DeLallo now makes fresh perfectly-portioned ingredient kits to spruce up your dinner salad!
SaladSavors come in six different blends that take all the guessing (and grocery isle strolling) out of creating a fresh and fabulous salad that your whole family will love… Even the kids.
Today I used DeLallo’s Crisp SaladSavor, a blend of crisp sweet apple chips, toasted almonds, and sharp white cheddar. I tossed it with chopped romaine lettuce. Then made a quick creamy herb buttermilk dressing to drizzle over the top.
The buttermilk dressing is a lighter, perkier, version of ranch dressing with fresh dill and garlic. It has a zingy flavor for spring and summer that complements the “Crisp” SaladSavors blend, as well as hot roasted shrimp.
The trick with roasting perfect shrimp is to focus on the color and shape of the shrimp.
When roasted, the shrimp should turn bright pink, but should remain in a C shape, not close up like an O.
C’s are moist and juicy. O’s are overcooked and rubbery.
Seriously, this Roasted Shrimp Salad with Herb Buttermilk Dressing is my new go-to salad, and my family loves it just as much as me.
My kids DEVOUR this salad. They love all the crispy little goodies in the salad, thanks to DeLallo SaladSavors. They loved the roasted shrimp. And they were nuts over the creamy herb buttermilk dressing.
I’m thinking your family will too!
Roasted Shrimp Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
For the Roasted Shrimp Salad:
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce
- 1 package DeLallo Crisp SaladSavors
- Salt and pepper
For the Buttermilk Dressing:
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (could use low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the shrimp out on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the shrimp for 8-10 minutes, until bright pink. Take them out of the oven before they close up.
- Meanwhile, place all ingredients for the buttermilk dressing in the blender. Puree until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside. Chop the lettuce and place it in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle the DeLallo Crisp SaladSavors toppings over the romaine.
- Once the shrimp are finished roasting, toss the salad with as much herb buttermilk dressing as you like. Top with the roasted shrimp and serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: The post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods. All opinions are my own.