Fresh and healthy Roasted Fish Bruschetta. An Italian favorite, perfect for summer.
Today I’m sharing Roasted Fish Bruschetta, a quick and delightful meal that is perfect for nearly any occasion. Serve it as the main dish at lunch or dinner.
Roasted Fish Bruschetta is also a lovely first-course at a dinner party, could be miniaturized for appetizers, or could even be served as brunch!
There are three things that really elevate this Roasted Fish Bruschetta Recipe and should not be overlooked.
First, choose a tender, flaky white fish with a buttery note. Orange Roughy or Seabass would be the perfect choice. Also look for Mon chong, Ono (wahoo), or Halibut.
Second, chopped anchovy (or anchovy paste) provides a pungent earthy depth to the tomato sauce that simply can’t be reached otherwise, even if the sauce were simmered all day under the watchful eye of an Italian Nana.
Don’t skip the anchovy. It make the dish!
Third, fresh basil. Enough said.
Stack the tender roasted fish on top of fresh toast bread. Then spoon the tomato sauce over the top, followed by fresh basil ribbons.
Roasted Fish Bruschetta is pure summertime magic, especially when the tomatoes come straight out of the garden.
Serve it with a glass of white wine and a big smile!
More Healthy Fish Recipes
Roasted Fish Bruschetta
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Roasted Fish Bruschetta Recipe – A healthy Italian classic with tons of wow-factor! Crispy bread topped with fresh roasted fish and herbaceous tomato sauce.
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 5-6 anchovy fillets, minced (or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 white fish fillets, or 1 large fillet cut into 4 pieces
- 4 – 1 inch slices of country bread
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Set a sauce pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onions, and anchovies. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the garlic, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Then lightly oil, salt and pepper on both sides. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Brush the bread with olive oil and toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes. *You could put them on a lower rack with the fish to save time!
- Stack the basil leaves. Roll them into a tight cylinder. Slice them thin into fine ribbons.
- To assemble the bruschetta, top each bread slice with a fish fillet. Then add tomato sauce and sprinkle fresh basil ribbons over the fish. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 352 Calories
- Total Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Carbohydrates: 23.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Protein: 47g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!