Tex-Mex Breakfast Muffins
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time:2 minutes
Cook Time:2 minutes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 english muffin
- 1 cold large egg
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, cold
- 1 tablespoon pico de gallo
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cooked chorizo (could be chopped ham or leftover steak)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, like pepper-jack or cheddar
- Optional garnishes: diced tomatoes, sliced avocados, extra pico de gallo
- Use a microwave-safe mug or cup that is just slightly smaller than the diameter of the english muffin. Gently press the english muffin to the bottom of the mug—it should be a tight fit. Then spray the edges of the mug with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese over the english muffin.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, pico de gallo and a pinch of salt until frothy. Pour over the english muffin. Top the egg mixture with the chorizo and remaining cheese.
- Microwave on high heat for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, until puffy and cooked through. Then either garnish and serve in the mug, or pop out of the mug for a breakfast-on-the-go.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More Quick Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast Tostadas ~ An Edible Mosaic
Homemade Muesli ~ Savory Simple
Breakfast Sushi ~ Farmgirl Gourmet
Freezer Pancakes ~ Home Cooking Memories
PAGE: 1 2