Crunchy sweet Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn, my latest addiction!
I’m always on the lookout for an excuse to make kettle corn.
For some reason, you can get away with make plain buttered popcorn nearly anytime. Yet, add an itty-bitty amount of sugar, and suddenly it seems scandalous.
Ridiculous, in my opinion.
Life is a celebration, is it not?
If savory-sweet kettle corn with it’s salty, crisp, lightly caramelized essence brings you joy, why not indulge here and there?
Thankfully fall parties, game day tailgating, and the holidays are at hand. This is the perfect season to savor a big bowl of warm shimmering kettle corn with friends and family.
And if you happen to want to jazz it up with additional flavor, even better!
Today I’m sharing an irresistible recipe, perfect for all your fall events, Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn.
This lightly spiced popcorn recipe is made on the stovetop with popcorn kernels, red skinned peanuts, a little sugar, and Land O Lakes® Pumpkin Pie Spice Butter Spread.
If you haven’t already found it, Land O’Lakes has released this special edition tub butter spread for fall, with sweet creamy pumpkin pie flavor.
Land O Lakes® Pumpkin Pie Spice Butter Spread is unfathomably divine; elevating everything it touches, including kettle corn.
In fact, I have a hard time resisting just eating it off a spoon!
Using Land O Lakes® Pumpkin Pie Spice Butter Spread to make Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn is easy, because the butter spread provides all the richness and spice.
Simply start the popcorn kernels in a large pot with a lid. Once the kernels are hot, add in the pumpkin pie spice butter spread and let the popcorn coat itself as it fills the pot.
As the popping slows, quickly sprinkle in a little sugar. Then shake the kettle corn to melt the sugar and pour it out of the pot.
Each crunchy kernel is kissed with a festive fall candy coating.
It’s alluring, fun to eat, and makes marvelous edible gifts.
Try making a batch or two of Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn for you next game day or neighborhood potluck. It will be the hit of your party!
Enhance your fall recipes with Land O Lakes® Pumpkin Pie Spice Butter Spread, while it lasts!!
Check out our video tutorial for this Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn recipe…
Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Pumpkin Pie Spice Butter Spread
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red skin peanuts
- Set a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil and popcorn kernels. Shake the pot to coat the kernels in oil, then cover with a lid.
- Measure out the Butter Spread, sugar, salt and peanuts. Mix the sugar and salt together.
Listen to the popcorn. Once the first kernel pops, quickly add the Land O Lakes® Pumpkin Pie Spice Butter Spread and cover the pot. Shake the pot to melt the butter spread quickly. (Adding it in at this time, ensures that it won’t burn.)
- Continue listening to the popcorn. When the popping begins to slow, quickly shake in the sugar/salt mixture, and add the peanuts. Cover quickly and shake the pot again. Keep over heat until the pop stops popping.
- Once the last kernel pops and you haven’t heard the popcorn for 2-3 seconds, quickly toss the popcorn to mix, and pour it in a bowl. Do not leave the kettle corn in the hot pot, or the bottom will burn.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Will keep in an airtight bag for up to a week.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own.