These cheesy Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers will make a splash at your Super Bowl party in a few weeks.
Better yet, why don’t I just show you a whole bunch of photos of warm sweet bell peppers, cozy pizza fillings, and a blanket of molten cheesy goodness over the top.
That might be the best way to convince you to try these Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers.
If you love pizza, and you love sweet peppers, you are going to be just as crazy over this recipe as I am.
First I placed 6 red peppers down into the crock of a large oval slow cooker.
Then I made a quick filling of sausage, onions, orzo, pizza sauce, and cheese.
And STUFFED it inside the peppers, like so.
Then I let the crockpot work its magic, as I casually filed my nails and caught up on glam magazine news.
When the peppers are soft and sweet, it’s time to add a heaping pile of cheese over the tops and sprinkle them with mini pepperoni.
In just a few minutes, the cheese is oozing down the sides of the peppers, and the Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are ready to serve!
How’s that for easy and appealing?
Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers make a marvelous kid-friendly midweek meal, and are also great for tailgating and game day parties.
Your friends and family will get a serving of veggies without even realizing it.
The soft sweet peppers act as the vessel for the fillings, and elevate every savory bite of cheesy pasta and sausage.
The itty bitty pepperoni are the cherry on top, so to speak, of this marvelous versatile meal!
Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Yield: 6 peppers
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:2 1/2+ hours
Easy Pizza Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers with orzo, tomato, sausage, and cheese, topped with mini pepperonis! This slow cooker stuffed pepper recipe is a sure win!
- 6 small bell peppers, any color
- 3/4 cup dried orzo
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- Cut the top off each bell pepper and remove the stems and seeds. Fit the peppers down into a large oval slow cooker. Place a medium pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile brown the sausage in a skillet and break apart with a wooden spoon. Once browned add in the chopped onion and sauté another 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the skillet, followed by the pizza sauce. Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese, then spoon the mixture into the empty peppers.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Once the peppers are soft, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tops and arrange the mini pepperonis over the piles of cheese. Cover again, and slow cook another 15-20 minutes. Serve warm!
Yield: 6 peppers, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 588 Calories
- Total Fat: 36.7g
- Saturated Fat: 14.4g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 1412mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Protein: 31.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!