A perky Pink Grapefruit Margarita recipe just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
Well, hello there gorgeous! No need to blush.
That is, unless you can’t help it, like this blushing pink grapefruit margarita recipe.
Made with just 4 simple ingredients: fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, tequila, orange liquor, and agave, these bold little beauties are a refreshing beverage to sip this season while reveling in the leisure moments of life.
If you love a classic margarita recipe, this slight diversion offers the same tangy-sweet appeal, yet with a touch of pearly pink intrigue.
It’s important to use freshly squeezed grapefruit juice in this recipe to get the absolute brightest flavor.
Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Then shake vigorously to mix. Pour the margaritas over ice and enjoy.
This Pink Grapefruit Margarita recipe tastes marvelous with a salt or sugar rim, although I still prefer the salt for contrast.
The flavor is citrusy, slightly bitter, and oh so vibrant. The kind of drink you want to sip with someone you love. Trust me, by the end of the glass you’ll be blushing, if you are not already. *wink*
Looking for more amazing cocktails like this?
We’ve recently released a brand-spanking new ebook called Craft Cocktails for the Home Mixologist. It’s a digital cookbook to keep on your phone or tablet, so you can make amazing cocktails no matter where you wander!
Buy and download your copy here…
Or bundle it with our other ebook Brilliant Bundt Cakes and save money!
You can also find Craft Cocktails for the Home Mixologist on Amazon!
Pink Grapefruit Margarita
Prep Time:5 minutes
Perky Pink Grapefruit Margarita – Tangy, bitter-sweet and so delicious! The perfect summer beverage to sip with chips and salsa.
- 5 ounces freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces white tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces Triple Sec (orange liquor)
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup + extra for glass rims
- Fresh grapefruit slices for garnish
- Salt for rim
- Pour a small amount of agave syrup on a shallow plate, and salt on another plate. Press the rim of the glasses into the syrup, then into the salt. Fill the glasses with ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the fresh grapefruit juice, tequila, Triple Sec, and agave into the shaker.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Then pour into the glasses. Garnish with fresh grapefruit slices and enjoy!
Yield: 2, Serving Size: 1 glass
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 270 Calories
- Total Fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1736mg
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 33.3g
- Protein: 1.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!