Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot Recipe – We’ve turned everyone’s favorite dessert into fun adults-only shots! Easy to make with only 3-ingredients, this delicious drink tastes just like an upside-down pineapple cake and is perfect for celebrating any festive occasion.
Why We Love This Cocktail Shot Recipe
The holidays are here and it’s time for shots!
OK, maybe not for everybody. However, there are some who love to enjoy a potent little beverage to celebrate with friends. Today’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shots are super simple to make using only three ingredients, and so delicious!
That’s right, with just vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, and a jar of stemless maraschino cherries, you can make a fabulous holiday party shot. You can even glam these up a bit by using Luxardo cherries and juice.
If you need a friendly reminder of what the original *actual* cake tastes like you definitely need to make our fabulous Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe ASAP!
3 Ingredients For Pineapple Upside Down Shots
- Vanilla vodka – for that sweet cake flavor but with a nice kick of alcohol
- Pineapple juice – your choice of regular or sugar-free juice
- Maraschino cherries – the classic red or Luxardo jarred cherries
How to Make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot
Set out two shot glasses and a cocktail shaker. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and place one maraschino cherry in the bottom of each shot glass.
Measure and pour the vanilla vodka and pineapple juice into the cocktail shaker.
Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Pour the cocktail into the shot glasses, leaving a little room on the top.
Then gently spoon a ¼ ounce of maraschino cherry juice over the top of each glass.
Pro Tip: Pour the juice from the spoon slowly so it settles to the bottom of the glass, creating an ombre effect with two distinct layers.
Get the Complete (Printable) Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot Recipe + Video Below. Enjoy!
Serve, shoot, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Try this recipe with cake or cupcake flavored vodka or cream vodka for an even sweeter taste. You can use white rum to make a pineapple upside down cake shot without vodka.
The proportions here are for 2 shots. Simply increase as necessary to make as many shots as needed.
Classic maraschino cherries are made by bleaching cherries, then adding back red coloring and almond flavoring. Luxardo, on the other hand, are cherries that are salt brined and then candied in a thick syrup. This makes them more deeply sweet with fewer artificial ingredients.
Technically you can mix the pineapple juice and vodka together in advance. But with how quick and easy these cake shots are to whip up, I doubt you’ll need to prep much ahead of time!
Looking for More Brilliant Boozy Beverage Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- How to Make Jello Shots
- Buttery Nipple Shot with Rum Floater
- Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots
- 3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots
- Slippery Nipple Shot/Cocktail Recipe
How to Make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot Recipe
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- ½ ounce maraschino cherry juice + maraschino cherries for each shot glass
- Set out two shot glasses and a cocktail shaker. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Place one maraschino cherry in the bottom of each shot glass.
- Measure and pour the vanilla vodka and pineapple juice into the cocktail shaker. Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail into the shot glasses, leaving a little room on the top. Then gently spoon a ¼ ounce of maraschino cherry juice over the top of each glass. Pour the juice from the spoon slowly so it settles to the bottom of the glass creating an ombre effect.