Try this Perfect 5-Ingredient Party Mix for your next gathering. So little effort, so much flavor!
Not long ago my family was on a road trip. We stopped at a little specialty food market to grab snacks and I happened to pick up a canister of over-priced gourmet party mix.
That same evening we popped open the can of party snack mix and discovered we could not keep our hands out of it.
The party mix seemed to have all the right components to keep you coming back for more. Salty, sweet, tangy, spicy, cheesy, nutty… It was perfectly balanced to be irresistible.
After taking a closer look at the ingredients, I noticed everything in the mix was a grocery-store staple snack item. (They were shaped differently, but still.)
Honey Roasted Peanuts, Spicy Corn Chips, Mustard Pretzels, Cheese crackers, and Sesame Sticks.
Certainly we could make this same snack mix at home at a much lower cost.
So we did! And I’m sharing the Perfect 5-Ingredient Party Mix recipe so you can make it as at home as well.
All you need are these pre-made ingredients in equal portions… although Lt. Dan would tell you to add extra mustard pretzels, because those are the pieces he likes the best.
- Honey Roasted Peanuts for sweetness and nutty richness.
- Spicy Corn Chips for heat and crunch.
- Mustard Pretzels for salty tang. (We also like the honey-mustard pretzels.)
- Cheese Crackers for cheesy appeal.
- And Sesame Sticks for earthy goodness.
Dump, mix, and enjoy!
You can also layer these ingredients in jars or canisters for edible gifts this season.
Pack the jars of Perfect 5-Ingredient Party Mix in picnic baskets, lunch boxes, and in the emergency snack drawer at work.
Perfect 5-Ingredient Party Mix
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Perfect 5-Ingredient Party Mix – Five simple store-bought snacks that come together to make an easy no-bake party mix recipe that no one can resist!
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups sesame sticks or oat bran sesame sticks
- 2 cups small spicy corn chips, like Flamin’ Hot Fritos
- 2 cup small cheese crackers, like Goldfish Crackers
- 2 cups mustard (or honey mustard) flavored pretzel pieces
- Dump all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to mix.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
Yield: 20 servings, Serving Size: 1/20th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 232 Calories
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Carbohydrates: 19.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 7.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!