Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies – So good, you won’t even miss the naughty ingredients!
It has begun.
We’ve had our cake. We’ve had an ungodly amount of Christmas cookies and fudge. We’ve had more cocktails in the last two weeks than we normally have in six months. We’ve had cheese, sausage, and carbs of all varieties.
And now we feel tired and bloated.
It’s time for a dietary overhaul.
One thing I like to do each January is to put my family on a Paleo Cleanse to detox from all the holiday eating.
The paleo diet has picked up popularity over the last few years, because it encourages clean eating, fresh local ingredients, and healthy portions. (Paleo Dieters avoid grains, legumes, dairy, and all processed foods.)
We don’t eat like this all year, mind you, because honestly I’m just not that disciplined. There are certain foods I love and won’t give up, feeling they are fine to enjoy in moderation.
However, when we need a detox to get our bodies and habits back on track, a paleo cleanse works like magic. We focus on eating lean organic protein, nuts, some fruit, and lots of veggies.
The trick is, it’s hard to go cold-turkey on any diet.
And for some people (ok… ME) a little treat here and there can make a healthy eating plan seem much more bearable.
So today I’m sharing my easy recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are moist and tender with little morsels of chocolate speckled throughout, to satisfy any cookie craving! Plus, they are free of grains, dairy, and processed ingredients.
Although strict paleo eaters avoid sugar and chocolate of all kinds, I’ve been told by several trusted paleo sources that unprocessed palm sugar and dark chocolate can be enjoyed on a paleo eating plan, in moderation, without undoing all the good you’ve worked toward.
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are here to help you get out of the rut of naughty holiday eating, and into clean healthy habits. One step at a time.
Enjoy a guilt-free cookie. Then stick to your New Years Resolution. A month from now, you’ll be so glad you did!
Looking for More Paleo Recipes?
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour finely ground
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unprocessed palm sugar or raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 2/3 cup organic dark chocolate chips 60% or higher dark chocolate
- Mix both flours, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the palm sugar (or honey) with the vanilla, eggs, and coconut oil, until smooth. Then slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls and arrange 10 on each baking sheet. Use a drinking glass to press the balls into disks about 1/3-inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. This is the hard part... Allow the cookies to cool almost completely before trying to move them. When they are hot they are VERY crumbly. Once they've cooled, you can pick them up and enjoy!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!