Paleo Cashew Chicken Recipe
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Easy Paleo Cashew Chicken Recipe. So tasty, you won’t miss the naughty ingredients. This is a quick healthy meal, easy enough to pull together on any night!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/3 cups raw whole cashews
- 1 large bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons arrow root powder ( instead of 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
For the Sauce:
- Preheat a large deep skillet to medium high. Add the coconut oil and once melted, add the red bell pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes to softened. Then scoop out the bell pepper.
- Sprinkle the arrow root powder and salt over the cut chicken pieces and toss to coat. Add the chicken to the skillet. Stir and saute for 5-8 minutes until the chicken is mostly cooked through and seared on the outside.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Once the chicken is mostly cooked, add the sauce to the skillet and stir. Add the red bell peppers and cashew to the skillet. Once the sauce starts to simmer, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer another 3-5 minutes to thicken.
- If the sauce tightens up too much, add a little water to loosen it. Turn the heat off and add the chopped scallions. Serve warm with Roasted Cauliflower Rice.
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 442 Calories
- Total Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Sodium: 311mg
- Carbohydrates: 20.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Protein: 46g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2